Enhance Workforce Capacity
CONNECTING PEOPLE TO OPPORTUNITY
Essential to Gaston County’s future economic prosperity is the ability to educate, recruit, and maintain a skilled workforce. Coordination between public schools, higher education, and business stakeholders allows for the creation of sustainable talent pipelines in various industry sectors.
In collaboration with our education and business partners, the GBA focuses on developing and retaining Gaston County residents to strengthen local economy and provide opportunities for economic mobility.
- Address critical workforce needs for identified sectors
- Ensure strong partnerships with critical public, nonprofit, and education partners
- Generate data-driven, future-focused policy outcomes
- Ensure policy agenda and process is directly responsive to business demands
- Launch the Talent Pipeline Management program for the manufacturing sector
- Participate as a member of Gaston's Business Employment Services Team (BEST)
- Collaborate with educators and training partners to close skills gaps
- Facilitate solutions for workforce transportation, childcare, and housing needs