Former Fox 46 Anchor Inspires Professional Women’s Association
ICYMI: The GBA kicked off Women's History Month last week by hosting its Professional Women's Association (PWA) luncheon featuring speaker, author, and former news anchor Page Fehling. Fehling kept the full room of women engaged and laughing while providing practical tips for communicating in today's complex world.
In addition to discussing how a shift in perspective can assist with more empathetic and clear communication, Fehling also provided practical tips for boosting communication confidence:
- Identify a Walk-Up Song – Just like a professional athlete, identify a song that provides you inspiration and confidence and sing a few bars to yourself before you embark on a stressful situation or task.
- Fake It Until You Make It - If you find yourself in need of a change of energy, hold a pen/pencil in your mouth while emulating a smile and count to 20 without letting your lips touch. Just the process of putting your mouth in a smile position will release endorphins and allow you to take on any given task with confidence.
For more information about Fehling or to inquire about her services, please visit her website:
In addition to a wonderful program, attendees were entered into a drawing for items donated by members of the PWA. Congratulations to the winners and a special thank you to those who donated items including:
- Warlick Family YMCA: 3-Month Adult Membership Gift Certificate
- Tina Fesquet at Optimum Bodyworks: 90-minute massage
- Dara Hartman at Sharp Business Systems – 6 tickets to Charlotte Checkers hockey game
- United Way of Gaston County: 2 tickets to Purse Power on March 31
- Dignity Memorial - $200 gift card from GIV Mobile IV therapy
- Jenna Jourdet at Premiere South Real Estate – gift certificate to Webb Custom Kitchen, wine & chocolate
Thank you to our PWA sponsor Dignity Memorial and lunch sponsor bank as well as our fabulous PWA Committee for putting on an unforgettable event.
The next PWA luncheon is scheduled for June 9th.